[Warning: If you already resent me because of my phenomenal fashion sense and very naturally shiny, white teeth, please do not read any further.]
- Roy transitioned from working nights to days and got a promotion to Case Manager (which helped offset the mandatory paycut he took). He also finished his second marathon, learned how to play the ukulele and started grad school.
- Ryan turned 1, and learned to walk and talk!
- My mother is still cancer-free.
- After 35+ years as a teacher, my father retired.
- After 2+ years of a reduction in hours/pay, my oldest brother got a great new job.
- After initially getting a layoff notice, my younger brother got a promotion.
- After a few 'rough' years of college, my youngest brother just got a 4.0 last semester!!!
- Despite a brief hospital stay earlier in the year, my 84-year old grandmother continues to be of sound enough mind to passionately complain to me about her (in order of frequency in which the topic arises)- dental bills, distended uterus, ungrateful neighbors, itchy scalp, clerks who overcharge her and her bowels.
But having said that, I'm definitely not complaining. And I don't even think I'd change a thing. I'm just saying I'm not sure if 2009 was 100%, authentic me. But then again, who does? Who gets to live blissfully 100% in the moment, entirely at their own leisure and whimsy? Most don't. And especially not this year, when so much of the country has experienced at least some financial turmoil. So though it pains me to not have a more clearly defined year in review, I will nonetheless give thanks tonight for a very blessed 2009. For this girl and her family at least- all's well that's ends well.
And though I've never really been one for resolutions, if I had to come up with a few things that I think would make 2010 more me?
- More hikes. I love adventure.
- More crazy physically-exerting feats! I thrive on accomplishing things I've never dreamed of doing. These may not be long runs, but they'll be long somethings!
- Find a job. I love making money, and I love going on vacation, so I can have both if I do this!
- Eat better so I can feel better! More fruits and veggies, less canned, lifeless food.
That's it. 'Cause that's plenty. ;-)
PS- Last year at this time I posted an entry about giving up the blog, and 83+ people posted comments/emailed me encouraging me to keep pluggin' away. This year, I make no such threats since I've come to love the pressure blogging puts on me to stay active and sane!
Happy New Year folks- here's to all the surprises* that 2010 will bring!
*Provided that they are not (for me at least) unplanned pregnancies, lizards, added fat around the thighs or batwings, new patches of eczema or tinea versicolor, etc.