Weights -þ þ
Walk - þ (6 mile walk/2 mile run)
Hills/Sprints- þ (10 200-yard hills)
Med. Run- þ (6 miles)
Long Run-þ (11 miles)
What I've learned:
- I know there are single working moms who somehow manage to do marathons (I think it usually involves 4am wake up calls), but there is NO way I could ever do this without Rich. He watches Ryan the 3-4 days a week that I'm out training, and has volunteered (without complaint) to do this for twenty weeks. He's my biggest supporter, sponsor and cheerleader- thank you, Pops. You make me a very happy, balanced person. :-)
- LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem might just be the world's greatest song to run to. Ever. I dare you to pump up the volume on this one while running and not stop in your tracks to do the robot or the running man (these never get old though, so no worries about getting teased).
- I just found out that not one, but two runners I know will be doing the Ultra in Hilo. Yay for Karen & Cass!
- I made a time calculation and distance error on this evening's long run, which resulted in me running the last two miles in pitch black darkness...while wearing a black cap, black top, black running shorts and black compression socks. Really, I couldn't have done a better job of trying to get run over. I really can't afford to keep doing this (it's the second time in 3 weeks). As much as I love running, I have two boys to think about and can't risk my life for a few miles. Yikes.
- This week Sunday will be my 20-miler. Excited. Terrified.
But enough about me. Check out what the little guy has been up to the past few days-
On Saturday Ryan went to the Halloween party down at Keauhou Shopping Center and ended up on the water slide with his daddy (the only two in street clothes) at 8pm. Earlier that day they also carved up one of their two pumpkins together (no pics yet).
On Sunday Ryan got to check out the Halloween Pet Walk in the morning before attending another Halloween event at a local church.
|First he got slimed...|
|Then he scared mommy by popping out of this coffin!|
|And then he did his first ever balloon race...let's just say that had there had been another competitor, he wouldn't have medaled. ;-) But he sure was damn cute.|