Here's what I haven't been up to lately-
- Working out. Worst 3-4 weeks ever. (No reason other than I'm busy, lazy and Karen is battling an injury).
- Eating well. Enough said.
- Yard projects. After hacking out hundreds of dendrobiums and disassembling a rock wall, progress has stalled. But with good reason- it's hot, dirty work. And I don't like it.. ;-)
- Ryan had two milestones this month- he performed in his first play (theater class) and got an award at school (Student of the Quarter). His theatrical debut was of a (non speaking) monkey in the popular children's books Caps for Sale. He had fun and looked adorbs.
- We just held our semi-annual (we have them twice a year) family garage sale this morning. I'm always horrified at how much we have to sell, but thrilled at how much emptier the house is and being able to put whatever we've earned into Ryan's college account once we're done.
- Rich (my dad, and our friend Dimitri helped) built a gorgeous gate/door for the house (now no one can sneak up on our swinging soirees).
- I am officially harvesting from the garden- yesterday I plucked out 3 summer squash and a handful of cilantro for our salad. This means each squash cost us only $39.99, and 14 hours of labor each. Gardening is really paying off! :-)
- We had a little work done to the house last week and extended a part of our patio cover. As a result, we've been gutter-less since the contractor had to cut them off and we're waiting for the new ones to be installed. Which is why it has (no joke) rained here more in the last 5 days than it has over the last 9 centuries...resulting in 1.4 million pieces of roof debris washing onto the patio for me to sweep up each day.
Just a couple of pics of the last week-
|The boys have been having weekend Just Dance competitions and sweet Riki tries to help Ryan by moving his arms for him....|
|Daddy did Ryan's make up for his first play, while Grandma made his monkey tail and supplied his outfit.|
|Bravo! Encore! Sadly, no girls threw their panties on stage. Prudes. (Fingers crossed for next month.)|
|Look how happy he is with his school award!!! Just beaming with pride.|