Before I stepped on the cruise ship, I made what I thought were two fairly reasonable resolutions:
1. To work out each day.
2. To not behave like a starving refugee at each meal.
(Cruise veterans, please try not to laugh too hard...). Not only did I fail to work out everyday (hard to do after you've downed 10,000 calories in a single sitting), but I think I ate more over the last week than I have IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I'm not sure what I currently weigh, but when you consider the fact that I NO LONGER need to wear the belt I wore onto the ship to hold my shorts up, I think it's safe to assume I've gained A FEW.
I was crossing my fingers that if I was going to get sick on the trip- that it would at least happen in a way that was ahh, "convenient" for me (i.e.- after a trip to the buffet). Nooooo such luck. As a result, I will pay the price of downing each and every calorie of key lime pie, strawberry cheesecake, coconut pie, melting chocolate cake, pineapple rum cake and jerk chicken.
So we waddled off the ship into the Port of Miami this morning. Our hotel is in the heart of South Beach. We spent most of the day walking around, and I do have to say, with all of the art deco architecture everywhere- it feels like we're living in another era of American history. Our hotel is also pretty funky. It's been featured in/on Travel & Leisure, Cosmopolitan, MTV, etc. It's basically all white. Everything. From the lobby to the rooms. And there's a free nightly happy hour that Rich is looking forward to.
Of course all of this coolness and trendiness is completely lost on me since I'm A) Asian, B) deathly allergic to alcohol and C) a nerd. So I can't say I really fit into the steamy, sultry South Beach scene. It's also humid as hell. And as a recent returnee to the land of the chubby- humid = hell.
No comments:
Post a Comment