Last night we celebrated Joey's last night in the big city by letting him pick where to eat. He Googled away on his iphone until he found a Top Ten restaurant in the West Village that I swear, took longer to get to than friggen' New Jersey! After enjoying a delicious dinner together we all walked around the area for awhile before Joey and Rich set off on their own for Boys Night Out. Little did I know (or Rich for that matter...though we should have suspected!) that their night would end up with with them spending nearly 3 hours drinking at Japonais (one of two places I've always wanted to eat in NYC! The other being Nobu)! Extremely jealous!
Since we've all already been to the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island before (Ryan hasn't, but we figured we'd take him when he's a little older), we decided to go on the Staten Island Ferry for a panoramic view of Manhattan and Lady Liberty instead. Bot between the choppy water and my recent bout of motion sickness, I opted to skip it and hang out in the terminal sucking down a can of Monster instead. Though I've never watched Jersey Shore, I'm pretty sure the Brooklyn family sitting next to me made the Jersey Shore cast look like a deeply religious Partridge family! I was never more entertained in my entire life! I didn't want to leave!

Ryan on the Staten Island ferry with Grandpa...apparently he wasn't a huge fan of the strong winds and opted to sit inside instead.

After riding out to Staten Island, we all walked to Battery Park, and then to the Smithsonian's Native American Museum. Ryan loved the musical instruments in there! I'll try to remember to post a video of him playing with some of them later.

The Museum was right next to the Bankruptcy Court, where I told Joey he would end up soon if he didn't take drastic measures to start curbing his extravagant lifestyle. This isn't exactly what I had in mind, but I guess it's a start... :-)

Joey suggested we take a picture of Ryan using a pay phone since they'll probably be obsolete someday soon and Ryan won't believe he ever saw/used one before!
We're bummed Uncle Joey had fly back out this evening, but we're excited to see him again in a week! Off to bed!
1 comment:
So true about the phone booth, they're even far and few between in NYC !! Glad you are having a blast!!
Post a Comment