|The playground posse|
|Ry Ry bonding with his 'cousin' Cassie|
|My brother Joey said that the Kardashian family isn't the only one who can pose for pretentious Christmas card photos...so we staged one too.|
|I like this one better though, much more obnoxious!|
|Eating popcorn with his Uncle at...where else? The circus!|
|Riding the monorail back and forth with Ryan was...well, boring. Thankfully, we were entertained by Ryan's manny!|
|...and away!!! (We're such class acts in a hotel.)|
1. Ostrich bite, hands down. Hysterical.
2. Getting to see all of our family and friends at Kay's birthday and beyond...
3. Our Vegas getaway, super relaxing AND fun. Also, its where I discovered...mango and pineapple gummy bears (from New York New York's candy shop, a nightly visit for us)!!!
4. Stuffing ourselves with tamales, burritos, taco al carbons, quesadillas and chipotle bowls...viva la Mexico!!!
5. Legoland...Ryan loved it. We loved watching him love it.
6. My 10-mile trail run with David.
7. Spectacular weather everyday. (It's what we locals demand and expect, really.)
8. Getting to go to the Medieval Times-esque show I've been wanting to see for years!!! Kinda pricey, not something I would do again...but so glad we could do it.
9. Belgian waffles for breakfast almost every day...
Lowlights of the trip:
1. Cat allergies and itchy bug bites on my neck from an unknown insect.
2. Having to bail out of the RV in Tehachapi.
3. Pussing out on half my training runs.
4. Daily exhaustion...we usually didn't get to bed until around 11pm every night. Our little party animal was fine with this, Gramps and Gram not so much.
All in all, a great but tiring trip. Any trip is a good trip though, really. Some are just more successful than others, and this one rocked despite our crazy itinerary that included four planes, driving 1,400 miles, staying at five different hotels, two homes, and an RV, and of course- a rogue ostrich. :-)
PS- 7 days until my ultra...very excited!