So many things on this trip are similar to our last trip here back in August that Ryan looks like a seasoned traveller as he navigates his way through the airport "Now we get ticket! Now we go to beep beep! [security] Now we see airplane! I want juice!" Unfortunately, a few things haven't exactly gone as we'd hoped- namely, that I am sick. The day before our flight I had the chills, body aches, a 101 degree fever, a raging headache, minor conjunctivitis, respiratory congestion, and a sore throat. Really, it was like every random illness known to man all thrown together- it was as if I dragged my tongue across every piece of play equipment at a park AND then on each floor of the hospital or something. Seriously, I don't think I've ever had so many symptoms all at once before. I thought about delaying my outbound flight here but ended up coming out with everyone else. And pretty much since then, I've been holed up in the hotel room sipping warm water and sucking down Halls cough drops, which is made slightly more tolerable because it's been raining all day. :-(
Thankfully, we have a great hotel room (mama forked over the extra cash and upgraded the room to one with a kitchenette and small dining area) with an ocean view, and my mom is with us (it was our birthday present to her to join us on the Waikiki segment of our trip). So she and my Aunt were able to take little Rizzle to the Waikiki Aquarium this morning, where he apparently bounded around like he owned the place, even remembering exactly where the animal crackers in the gift shop were that he got last time. :-) Rich gets out from his work conference later soon, and then I think they'll all hit the mall later since it's covered.
I hope the weather and my illness both improve soon, but either way, nothing is going to dampen this vacation. I'm determined to catch up on sleep and some reading today, so I don't feel robbed...yet!
2 comments:
I hope you feel better soon!
I ditto sheila r hope..............rizzle needs his mom, just like you do too!
Post a Comment