Thursday, November 11, 2010

San Francisco: Rizzle in the City!!!

Honey, I shrunk Ryan!
.
(taken during the First Annual Father-Son Roadtrip out to Santa Rosa to see Rich's stepbrother Shawn & his family and Grammy Kay)

After nearly 8 straight days of being confined to bed (Rich felt so bad that I spent 2/3 of our vacation sick in bed and missed the race that last night he booked us return tickets here in three months so I can run a different half marathon...what a guy!)- I finally left the house yesterday!!! We hit up a few of my favorite stores (Trader Joe's, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Sports Basement), two different parks so Rizzle could play (Duboce & Golden Gate) and then had an okonomiyaki, yakisoba, karaage and ramen dinner with Joey. We did each trip in little spurts here and there so I wouldn't get too tired or nauseous (since the day before I had been throwing up from the medication the doctor gave me). So for those of you keeping track, yeeees...this makes the second trip in a row that I got sick on! Aren't I the fun, hardy travel companion? ;-)

Ryan at Twin Peaks lookout

The signature Ryan smile at Duboce Park

Today I felt a little better and we attemped a short road trip (about 45 minutes away) to the John Muir National Forest so we could go and see the giant redwoods. It's so funny, right when we started driving over the Golden Gate Bridge we suddenly heard this from the backseat-"Oh wow! A bridge! We're on a bridge! Yaaaaaay!" So at least we know Ryan was paying attention! ;-)

Though I wouldn't say the trees at John Muir were as quite as spectacular/big as the ones in Sequioa National Park, I will say that the walking path was one of the best we've ever seen in a national park.

Another classic Ryan grin in the park!

See what I mean? This tree is totally tiny and disappointing. :-)

The trail had about 4 beautiful bridges, all of which were built with wood from trees that had fallen within the park.




Real men ride bears...

No comments: