Friday, January 27, 2017

Oh what a week

I think its better to summarize my week in bullet point form:
  • Long story- we've had three different sofas in our living room recently. If you'd like to test the strength of your marriage, I highly recommend getting three different sofas for your second-floor living room, in a relatively short period of time.
  • On that note, you could also ask your husband to order new medicine cabinets, and then once they arrive, announce that you think they look like 'creepy antiques' so that he can tersely repack them and the accompanying 239 pieces of foam back into their boxes and lug them back to Lowes. 
  • My brother was here for a very quick visit, though I barely got to see him because I subbed at school for two days, then worked at the hospital for two days...all while suffering from some pretty unnerving dyspnea.
  • Yesterday, on mile 2 of a run (that if I had finished, I'd have logged a record setting 39-40 miles for the week), I suffered a pretty painful fall. I scraped off skin, bled a little and must have landed on my left knee. It was so sore that I crawled over to a nearby bench and had to call my brother to pick me up even though I was only about 12 minutes from home. :-( I'm diligently following the I.C.E treatment. and using my TENS machine like any other manic runner would, but the thought of not being able to walk, much less run for a few weeks is unthinkable. 
  • Donald Trump. Oooh boy. At the risk of sounding like a 'cry baby liberal abortion-loving loser who stupidly falls for climate change lies,' hooooly shiz. The last week or two of him churning out Executive Orders and nominating officials (aka 'longtime contributors') has been nothing short of a surreal, mind boggling out of body experience. I have officially stopped looking at 90% of FB posts, since I already have a live news feed to traumatize me each day.
So, you know. I'm ready for the weekend. I really am. I want to regroup and refocus, because really?Forced rest and extra work hours are not bad things. And we may have had a rough go with furnishings and fixtures lately, but they are first-world blessings, not problems. And Trump? I can unplug and focus on how I can make the world a safer place regardless of what he's doing. Time marches on, and so must I.

The new cabinets and relieved, proud, contemplative installer. Please disregard the child swimming in what looks like orange jello (it's a bath bomb from Lush).

I used to do my homework at a hot, sticky, crowded table with my brothers, often getting screamed at for not being able to do my below grade-level (or two) math and science homework. Ryan gets to do HIS homework while-- well, never mind.
Sofa #3...the one that is STAYING.
Aloha & Mahalo for the visit, Uncle Joey!
My new goals for the weekend are to nest, rest and read. ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uncle Joey looks so skinny...Just saying. I know you were all thinking it.

Jolene said...

We were all thinking you must have had a puppy and candy in your pockets for those cute kids to stand by you.