February was a blur, because it was the month I started my new job, resumed working full-time for the first time in over a decade, and I had to figure out how to still take Ryan to and from school each day. I will say that there were more than a few days of cold sweating, nervousness, and fear. So to say Feb passed in the blink of an eye would be very accurate.
The month started off with Chinese New Year, so I took Ry and two friends out to see the dancing Chinese lions for the first time in years. We luckily ran into Ryan's cousins while we were there, and they all got to feed the Lion's good luck money. That's Olivia below, bravely giving the lion some cash despite being semi-intimidated by the loud drums and dancing lion.
A few nights later, my dad decided to host the first ever Cousin Night, and had the kids do make your own roll sushi...
Ryan also saw a movie with his best friend, Momo- Dr. Doolittle.
We got to start dining at a few of the restaurants I help support...this was Sunday brunch with my parents.
And this was a dinner with Ryan's karate family/instructors...
One weekend, we took Momo and Ryan to hike our favorite beach- Kiholo Bay. Not only is it black sand, but there are so many amazing sights along the way.
Our hike was only about 5-7 minutes from one of the coolest restaurants on the island- Lava Lava Beach Club, which also happens to be a place I support. So that's where we had our lunch!
With the rigor/hours of the new job, I splurged on new glass meal containers to pack our meals each week. It fills my heart with joy to see such rare organization in our fridge. ;-)
And last but not least, another day, another movie for Ryan and Momo. ;-)


No comments:
Post a Comment